Hello, my name is Jan-Marten de Boer. I’m a Dutch born and raised technology enthusiast.
My main hobbies and interests involve:
- Walking in nature
- Playing around with LEGOs
- Video games, in particular “The legend of Zelda”
- Creating a new programming language
In the past I’ve been known to:
- Volunteer at charities and community centers
- Help small businesses with (creating) their technology stack
- Speak at programming centric events
My strengths can be found in my work as Senior developer for MediaCT and Magement. I thrive when working together on complex decision making processes and seem able to identify when a component of an application has wrong responsibilities and how this needs to be separated to allow better decoupling and maintainability.
My ability to trust people isn’t what I’d like it to be and is my main character flaw. Although I am quite capable of letting go of and to delegate work, I will follow up on it afterward, until someone has proven this to be unnecessary. This is great for quality assurance, but less so for stress levels.